Thursday 26 July 2018

Yoshi RIP 24-7-2018

Today we had to say goodbye to Yoshi…

Yoshi who was found with a large tumor on his leg, that turned out to be malicious cancer. Vet Nikos thought he might have only 6 more months to live. We decided not to treat him with chemo or whatever and Joop and me took him in foster to keep an eye on him. And that was almost 4 years ago!

I am convinced that at the end he didn’t suffer of cancer (he never showed any sign of that anymore) but of old age. He was getting old and weak and we took the difficult decision to give him a worthy ending.

I am glad that he had so many happy years with us, still I am very sad to let him go.
Yoshi who was always quiet and gentle, who loved his little walks, who welcomed every new dog or puppy with a wagging tail, and most of all the best “kitten-sitter” on the island.
And that is how I will always remember him, Yoshi with a bunch of kittens all over him.

Tanja